BFG Technologies - What does BFG's QC Dept really stand for ?

Los Angeles, California 1 comment

Here is a copy of the letter I sent BFG

What does BFG's QC Dept really stand for ?

RMA 9927****

I'm writing to you because I have an ongoing issue with BFG. I am the owner of two BFG 8800 GTXs in which I have invested about $1400. I have had to RMA these cards on several occasion almost from the very beginning . You have sent me cards that I have had to send right back. Reasons being one time one of the cards wouldn't even post, another one had what looked like bubbles popping when it warmed up, another everything was green and white and so on so on. . I feel that when someone returns a card the QC dept does a quick bench test and as long as it boots and the fan turns they throw it on the shelf for the next guy to deal with. Now I'm sure they do a little bit more than that. So in other words the QC Dept is lacking in my consumer opinion. This went on for several months until I finally got a level 3 tech Robert involved and he actually took the time to run some 24 hour testing on a set of cards and... WALA... they worked great. Now it has been quite some time and these cards have had to be RMAed once again. One card was locking up and that was confirmed by BFG, the other one the fan speed controller quit working . You received them on the 22nd of January and shipped only one out to me and I have called you several time. Your techs keep telling me they're waiting to receive new stock for these cards so call us back next week in which I keep doing . I'm sure you have a record. Well I'm sorry but after such a long period of time you would think BFG would step up and take care of this problem. You can read all the different forms about how EVGA, XFX, and yes BFG, how they handle situations like this. Because 8800 series are discontinued and they have had no problem resolving it. It seems to me that because of the CRONIC issues with the returning of the defective cards BFG kept sending me that they have turned this back at me and are doing everything they can to not change these cards to something else. I have spoke with many of your techs about the many many known issues with these cards. I had one tech straight out tell me that they have too many problems and were a bad design, can you believe that? Yeah me either. So anyway I've told them that I would even take a down grade or something equal to. Just send me something that I don't have to keep sending back . Anyway I feel that I am being wronged, I could go on and on but I don't know what else to do. But be at your mercy . Is there any way to resolve this issue? Please respond.

Thank You.....

Review about: Two 8800Gtx Graphic Cards.

Comments

#120245

Thought you all might be interested in this fact; NOTE THE SERVICE RELATED CATEGORIES.

Customer Complaint History for BFG Technologies, Inc.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

BBB processed a total of 83 complaints about BFG Technologies, Inc. in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 83 complaints closed in 36 months, 37 were closed in the last year.

These complaints concerned :

2 regarding Contract Issues

2 - Failure to honor a contract or agreement

6 regarding Customer Service Issues

2 - Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services

2 - Failure to respond to phone calls or written requests for assistance or support

2 - None of the Above - Customer Service Complaint Issue

5 regarding Service Issues

source BBB, Illinois

BFG Technologies - Bfg video card

Red Deer, Alberta 10 comments

i had a hard time to get the bfg video card to work, then it died in 3 weeks, i called bfg, and they tryed to say my 450 watt power supply was not enough, yet the specs called for 350 watt !

they told me it was not worth their time to send a replacement since they claim it was my computers fault.

so much for their lifetime warrenty !

i reinstalled my ati card that i have used for 5 years, i only upgraded because of the shader i needed that the ati card did not have, both were 512 meg cards.

Review about: Video Card.

Comments

:( I\'ve got a bad card and I can\'t find BFG... the web site says they are gone !!!! ???

:cry

#193966

BFG no longer sells video cards they went belly up on them and warranties are now void nice company huh and there still selling them on places like tiger direct and amazon be ware these cards are no longer warrantied

#193756

I bought a GTX 285 a while back. Pretty soon I was experiencing black screens and the nvdlmkm error while playing games. So I reloaded the drivers several times and even used a custom driver, but kept getting the same error. My rig can handle the card no question I have a PC power & cooling 650W PS.

After a long time researching this problem I found that the company shipped quite a few cards with inappropriate overclocking settings that the cards cannot support! To fix this, you basically have to flash the bios yourself, with values that should have been set by the factory. Not for the timid. But I did it, and the card works great now.

This company knew it had faulty cards still sitting on the shelves, but pretended they don't know anything about it. This is exactly the kind of company whose reprehensible business practices will drive customers away.

Don't do business with this horrible excuse for a business enterprise.

#120247

Source BBB, Illinois

Customer Complaint History for BFG Technologies, Inc.

These complaints concerned :

1 - Sales presentation did not disclose complete pricing information

2 - Sales presentation misrepresented the product

5 regarding Service Issues

#120236

follow up to posting of 2/16/10, sorry for typos.

BFG, are truly idiots and liars.I finally received my replacement card on 2/18/10, 3 months after I sent in the original BAD card!

Guess what it's also BAD!! After arguing with there tech who claimed NO video card can run dual monitors using HDMI digital and SVGA analog :? I am a tech I have 2 degrees in CIS and IT, I begged to differ!! Later in the conversation he came back and admitted he was wrong and that the card should and "DID BTW" run dual signals and dual monitors as it is designed to do. So,I said,"the new one I just received should have that ability correct?" Yes he says.

So he says he will send a DVI maybe two digital will work. I agree to try. He comes back and states he doesn't have a DVI cable to send. None of their cards come with DVI cables.

GREAT, product knowledge and tech support, NOT!!!I am pursueing my picket strategy, however city says its illegal to picket so I'm going to park my car and paste all documentation on the sun screen and stick it in the front windshield of my car :grin

I had purchased a 8800 gts oc nivida graphic's card and it worked great until it started to have distorted colors so i sent it back to Chicago Illinois where BFG warehouse is located to get my replacement card.Well that was in the first week of January 2010 and now 2 after 2 defected cards that they sent me and now its going into march and still no working card yet.I call numerous of times and left e-mails and nothing.

My e-mails don't get a reply and the reps say i could get on a supervisor call back list but theirs NO guarantee that they will call back.What kind of service is this i say after paying so much for a card.

:( :eek Unbelievable, I purchased a $70.00 BFG Gforce 210512DDR2 for the HDMI.The card lasted 3 weeks or so Then died, i replaced it with a cheap $18.99 Intel Colorado Nvidia that worked.

I have had 3 RMA that have cost me time and money. Worst of all, they keep sending me back the same card even when it is not the one I purchased, nor the LOW profile card I was last promised. They say they don't have the one I bought so they can't replace it!!I have been put on hold for over 1.5 hour one time and a min wait time when you call there free Tech support of over 30 min. Who has the time for this BS.

I am going to picket Best Buy and BFG's product.

I've even given them a CC# to expedite things, to no avail, still takes over 3 weeks to get anything back.UNBELIEVABLE :eek

oldkatz

i went out and bought a new ati card thAt needed a larger power supply, and it still work great.so much for bfg.

i wont buy that name anymore.:grin

Same thing here.They hung up on me 3 times hoping I'd give up also.

I have an ATI card in to tide me over and it works fine even though they said it was my PC's fault.Sad to say but they lie and cheat people.

View more comments